Starting herd at Sunset Oaks

Starting herd at Sunset Oaks
relaxing in the sunshine

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Mother's Love
As in the human world there are mother's who do not want their off-springs, as their is in the animal kingdom. Some humans never take care of their children where some animals never do. This is not the case at Sunset Oaks with Mimzy, she is a first time freshener and she has been an excellent mother. From the time Little Betti was born Mimzy became the complete mom,I say mom because she was so patience and understanding to what ever her new baby needed. She raised a beautiful baby, who was well socialized at being a goat but also a gentle and tamed animal that went to a great home. She was touched from the moment she was born so being around humans was just as natural as being around her herd. Mimzy's baby was picked up Saturday,from the moment the car left with Betti in it Mimzy was crying, it was rather heart-breaking, this continued all that afternoon. Evening came and I went to milk Mimzy, she seemed to be okay with the milking part but she would only give me part of her milk. You see animals that are milked learn to hold back some of the milk for their babies,it really is the intelligence that God gave them to do this. I understood that she was going to do this, so I let her finish her food then turned her back out in the pasture. As I sat on the porch she stood at the gate, and cried her little heart out for what I am sure she thought was her lost baby. Also I can connect with her pain as a mother who has an empty nest I am sympathetic to what she is going through. Just as God give them the ability to miss their babies, He makes sure it doesn't last long. By the next day her crying was not as much, and eventually she started being a goat, wandering the pasture, sleeping and even playing with Solomom. Daily I am reminded that God doe exists He proves it too me every single day at Sunset Oaks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment