Starting herd at Sunset Oaks

Starting herd at Sunset Oaks
relaxing in the sunshine

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Just another day at the farm

Living on a farm there is always things that have to be done that is not really much fun at all. To me the worse thing is the dis-budding of a goat kid, but when we started the farm we decided it was the best in the long run for the babies. Since we are trying to raise the best Nigerian Dwarf goats that we can. Our main goal is good milkers well not good the best that they can be. Also for show, and in the show ring they are not allowed horns, especially dairy goat. Well I am the one in charge so I have to be the one to do it, My son is in the Marine Corps, and he is stationed in Hawaii serving our country. So I have read all the things I could and watched so many video until all that was left for the me was to get the job done. About 3 weeks ago I did it, but I did not get enough of the horn bud, so of course I knew I was going to have to repeat the ugly process. So this morning I got down on my knees and prayed to Jesus to give me the strength to do this, at least just help me stop shaking. I did it, with steady hands but my heart was about to break but I know this time I did it right. As long as I am raising goat this will be the only drawback to it Because these creatures are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment